We have embraced Objectivism - Ayn Rand’s philosophy. It has a lot of attractive features for billionaires like us:
- All government is bad government – all taxes are bad taxes, and all regulation is bad regulation.
- The “invisible hand” doesn’t make any mistakes – rich industrialists can tweak the markets any way we want, because we are gods.
- Governments must never regulate or tax the industrialists - these gods and the sacred markets they sculpt must be allowed to function as the Kochs intended.
- You get to be the “job creator” heroes – even if you send those jobs overseas or simply don’t create any jobs.
- It’s actually a sin to think about anyone other than yourself. Any sacrifice to create a better world for humanity is literally evil – to the point that it inevitably leads to either Stalinism or Fascism. We are willing to make this “sacrifice”.
- The punch line is that you get to keep whatever loot you can grab, you can do whatever your wealth allows you to do in order to grab it, and you get to feel good about doing all of this. Pretty sweet, huh?
Ayn Rand Explains Objectivism (jump to 2:46)
Paul Ryan disowns Ayn Rand